Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Bring Your Own
Sun June 2, 2013
Bring Your Own Presents: 'Kayla/Jayla'
This is a story told by a New Orleans resident at the local event “Bring Your Own”. Bring Your Own is a live storytelling pop-up series that takes place in living rooms, backyards and other intimate spaces within the community. Each month, seven storytellers have 7 minutes to respond to a theme.
This piece was recorded live on June 5, 2012 at the Pauger House and later produced by Natalie Yahr. The theme of the evening was "Undercover," and storyteller Annie Freitas told of a student who was willing to put individuality before honesty… until she got caught.
Annie Freitas taught third grade, and is looking forward to a long career working in New Orleans schools.
*Bring Your Own is a production of Laine Kaplan-Levenson, Liam Daniel Pierce, and Nina Feldman. The next BYO is a Victory Lap — winners from the past year return with new tales. It will take place on Tuesday, June 4 at the Alvar Library; happy hour at 7:30 p.m., stories at 8 p.m. For more information go to bringyourownstories.com.
All Things New Orleans