Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed February 13, 2013
Bobby Jindal One Of The Most Unpopular Governors In The Country, Poll Says
Bobby Jindal, once one of the most popular governors in the country, has seen his approval ratings slide over the past two-and-a-half years to just 37 percent, according to a report released today by the Public Policy Polling organization.
That 37 percent of voters who think he's doing a good job is a precipitous decline from the last PPP poll in 2010, when 58 percent of those polled gave him high marks and 34 percent disapproved. Now, 57 percent disapprove.
Jindal's popularity decline crosses party lines, according to the PPP. His approval disapproval poll numbers in August 2010:
- Republicans: 81/13
- Independents: 67/22
- Democrats: 33/58
- Republicans: 59/35
- Independents: 41/54
- Democrats: 15/78
Jindal also trails Senator Mary Landrieu in a hypothetical matchup between the two in 2014, 49/41. In fact, Landrieu polls strongly against a bevy of potential contenders for her senate seat, according to the PPP, with Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne the closest at 3 points behind.