Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sat March 23, 2013
Behind the Bread of Louisiana
On this week's edition of Louisiana Eats!, we'll sit down to explore New Orleans' rich baking culture with historians, bakers, and other assorted experts. We'll hear about forgotten bakeries, special baking techniques, and unique delicacies throughout Southern Louisiana.
Lemon Pound Cake
1 pk. Yellow cake mix
1 pk. Small lemon Jello
2/3 cup Crisco oil
2/3 cup water
½ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup lemon juice
Combine all ingredients and beat for 3 minutes until smooth. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 55 – 60 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
When cooled, dissolve the powdered sugar into the lemon juice and drizzle on top of the cake.