Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Tue February 5, 2013
Baton Rouge Patent Growth Declines
Originally published on Tue February 5, 2013 4:38 pm
Patent production isn’t growing as quickly in Baton Rouge as in other metro areas, according to a new national study.
The Brookings Institution ranks Baton Rouge 141st out of over 350 metro areas for patent production. The capitol city averaged 71 new patents yearly between 2007 and 2011. But it is on the bottom of the list for patent growth.
High patent production typically coincides with low unemployment. And patent growth can indicate coming industry expansion.
Exxon and LSU are the top patent producers in Baton Rouge.