Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Where Y'Eat: Relighting The Tiki Torch
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri March 7, 2014
Animal Life: Traveling Abroad With Your Pet
My friends Joe and Karli recently relocated to Spain with their three cats in tow. As they prepared for the move, they quickly discovered that transporting pets internationally can be quite a production.
There are a few basic requirements for traveling abroad with companion animals. Your vet can provide health certificates and proof of rabies vaccinations. Some countries also require mandatory quarantine periods for animals before allowing them in.
Research and plan several months in advance of your move to ensure a smooth transition. This may seem daunting, but Joe and Karli say that in the end it was well worth it to bring their pets along for the ride. They feel more at home in a foreign country, and their cats are now fluent in Spanish.