Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri February 28, 2014
Animal Life: Hopping Into The World Of Pet Rabbits
Let's play Jeopardy!. These four-legged animals need daily interaction with humans, lack survival instincts to live in the wild, are easily frightened by children, and love to chew on electric cords.
What are... rabbits!
A large number of rabbits end up in animal shelters every year because owners underestimate the time and care required to maintain them. But it's not all work and responsibility. One upside to rabbits is that they can actually be litter box trained, just like cats!
Healthy rabbits can live from eight to 14 years, so it's not a commitment to take lightly. Make sure you know what you're getting into before taking the leap. Or should we say... hop.