Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Food & Faith
Tue March 5, 2013
Alligator for Lent
If you live in Southern Louisiana you don’t have to be Catholic to know that the Friday Fish is a New Orleans tradition. From fried catfish to potato salad and savory sides, there are plenty of meatless options for the faithful foodies.
But what if you’re just not in the mood for fish on Friday? Well, there are some less obvious Lenten options in the Crescent City.