Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Andre Perry, Ph.D. is a scholar, commentator and activist, and the Associate Director for Educational Initiatives for Loyola Institute for Quality and Equity in Education.
A native of Pittsburgh, Pa., Perry earned his Ph.D. in education policy and leadership, with an emphasis in higher education, from the University of Maryland College Park. His research and teaching interests are college access and retention, charter schools and immigrant educational rights. He has published numerous scholarly and popular articles in those areas.
As a public intellectual, he advocates for quality public education. Perry’s views, opinions and educational leadership have been featured on National Public Radio and CNN. Through his weekly newspaper column in The Louisiana Weekly, Perry provides political commentary on municipal governments and K-16 leadership and governance in Louisiana. He can also be heard on WWNO 89.9-FM during NPR’s All Things Considered.